TVR 3000S (Convertible)

Restoration (August 2002)

TVR Vixen S3 Reliant Scimitar GTE SE5A  TVR 3000S  Jaguar XJS 5.3 HE  Other Classics 
Home
August 2001  
September 2001 
October 2001 
November 2001 
December 2001 
January 2002 
February 2002 
March 2002 
April 2002 
May 2002 
June 2002 
July 2002 
August 2002 
September 2002 
October 2002 
November 2002 
December 2002 
January 2003 
February 2003 
March 2003 
April 2003 
May 2003 
 

Front inner wing primed  Bootlid primed  Carb. refitted

Engine bay    Another engine bay view

4th August

The boot lid is now sprayed black and is looking good and just need a polish when the paint has hardened, the inner wings have also been sprayed. I have inspected the rear tub and there is just a small spot by the rear drivers side bumper which needs repairing. The rest looks pretty good so I have decided to just give this a good polish after doing the small repair.

On inspecting the steering column I found that the top nylon bush had disintegrated so I have obtained a new one which is now fitted and the steering column is now back in the car enabling me to manoeuvre it about better. I've also refitted the pedals.

I have also started putting things back in the engine compartment. At present I have cleaned and refitted the carburettor, coil, radiator, hoses, servo, clutch cable and connected up the fuel lines. The next thing I refitted was the front brake lines.

18th August

This weekend I repaired the front edge of the bonnet where it had been rubbing on the ground, due to the broken strap, and re-sprayed the front edge of  it.

I've refitted all the rear lights, number plate, and rear bumpers. When I got the bumpers out I discovered that 2 of them had split due to expansion of the metal and they are now beyond repair so it looks as though I'll have to get 2 second hand ones. The next stage will be to fit the petrol tank but I think I may have to seal it first as there sounds like a lot of loose rust inside it.

25th August

I put some petrol in the tank and swilled it round then emptied it and it came out with very little rust particles in it so I have decided just to paint the outside and put a fuel filter in the line. I have also refitted the the interior door panels and the 2 interior rear panels just behind the seats.